Effective Date: January 1st, 2021
· What information we collect;
· How it can be collected;
· How it is used;
· With whom it is shared;
· How you can opt out;
· How it is retained;
· How it may be accessed;
· How it is secured;
· How policy changes will be communicated;
· How it applies to users outside the U.S.
· What additional rights California residents have; and
· How to contact us.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Depending on how we interact with you, we may collect, use, store and transfer different types of personal information about you. This includes:
- Identity Data, such as your name and title.
- Contact Information, such as your name, mailing address, location, and email address.
- Correspondence Information, including anything you may provide to us in your communications with us, for example your intended or actual use of our products, questions about our products, as well as records of your communications with us.
- Technical Information, such as your internet protocol ("IP") address; your web browser software and version; if you arrived at the Website through a link from another website, information about the page you came from; exit pages; date/time stamps and time zone; your mobile device identifier and other information about devices you use to access the Website.
- Billing and payment information when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Websites, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect information from you and about you in different ways.
- Direct Interactions. We collect most of the personal information about you we use from you directly. For example, you may give us a variety of your identity, contact information, when you:
- Create an account on our Websites;
- Contact us with questions or provide feedback; and
- Subscribe to our mailing lists or otherwise agree to receive marketing communications from us.
- Automated technologies and interactions. As you interact with our Websites, we may automatically collect technical information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, web beacons, log files, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive technical information about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies. Please see our cookies and tracking policy for further details.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Order Fulfillment. We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Websites through Shopify (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
- Contact Us. We use personal information such as your contact information to respond to your questions and comments when you communicate with us through pages provided by the Websites, such as the "Contact Us" feature.
- Fraud and Crime Prevention and Detection. We use your personal information, such as your identity information, contact information, and technical information, to help prevent and detect fraud and other crimes that might be committed using or against our Websites. We do this to both protect our legitimate interests in protecting our business assets and comply with our legal obligations.
- Information Technology (“IT”) Security and Website Operation. We use your personal information, such as your technical information, to help us protect our legitimate interests in troubleshooting, testing, maintaining, and protecting our IT systems, including this website.
- Compliance with Legal and Regulatory Obligations. We use your personal information to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, which arise from time to time.
- Email Newsletters and Promotions. When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, we use personal information about you, including your contact information, to send you our latest product launches, product information, research, and news through email, where you have agreed to receive such communications. We also may use personal information about you to administer our promotions.
- We use information you provide to us regarding our products and services, to provide product feedback to our customers in aggregated form through the Websites.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will disclose your personal information for the following limited business purposes:
- Service Providers. We may share your personal information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf in order to fulfill the services you request from us. These include third parties which host our Websites, manage databases, perform analyses, send communications for us, process payments on our behalf, ship your orders, provide you with live chat service, or provide certain other components of our Websites. We do not authorize service providers to use or disclose the information, except as necessary to perform services on our behalf. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We may allow third parties to collect information in order to provide us with analytics. For instance, the Websites use analytics tools provided by Google to help us understand how people use the Website. You can learn more about how Google collects and uses information as a part of its tools at http://www.google.com/analytics/.
- Legal Process. We may disclose your personal information to the extent necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process in response to a request for cooperation from law enforcement or another government agency, in order to comply with our other legal and regulatory obligations.
- It may sometimes be necessary for the advancement of our legitimate commercial interests to share your personal information with our professional advisers in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale, assignment, divestiture, merger, bankruptcy, consolidation, reorganization, liquidation, or other transfer of the business or its assets. When we do this, we will always take measures to ensure the ongoing protection of your personal information.
WE PROVIDE YOU CHOICES/OPT-OUT
You can subscribe to receive marketing offers or solicitations from us through email by clicking here or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you prefer not to receive marketing emails from us, you may opt out at any time by unsubscribing. Please note that these requests may take up to 10 days to be effective.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL AND STORAGE OF INFORMATION
We take steps to ensure that personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and that you have the ability to access it and make corrections to it.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary (generally 7 years) to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements we are subject to, as well as to resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you information, contact us at email@example.com.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our Websites may provide links to websites operated by third parties for your convenience and information. All of these websites and applications operate independently from us, and we do not control their privacy practices. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party websites and applications that you use to better understand their privacy practices.
SECURITY/HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain reasonable security procedures to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the information you provide through our Websites. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data pursuant to our instructions.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or stored on a server can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information.
COOKIES AND TRACKING
We use "cookies" on the Websites. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor's hard drive to help us improve your access to our Websites and identify repeat visitors to our Websites. Cookies can enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance their experience on our Websites. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our Websites.
We use local storage, such as HTML5, to store content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5. Please note we do not currently support any browser based Do Not Track (DNT) settings or participate in any DNT frameworks, and we do not assign any meaning to any potential DNT track signals you may send or alter any of our data collection or use practices in response to such signals.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM INDIVIDUALS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
Our Websites are based in the United States and therefore, if you are using the Websites from outside the United States, please note that your personal information will be transferred, stored and processed in the United States. Please note, however, that the data protection laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in your country of residence. We are, however, unable to provide our services without handling your personal information in the United States.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, you may request information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties or affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes. To make your request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a request to the mailing address provided in the “How to Contact Us” section below. You must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information. Please allow 45 days for a response.
Our Websites are not directed to persons under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with such information without their consent, he or she should contact us via the contact details listed below. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our files.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Mail: Fighter Pilot Supplements, Inc.
7047 E. Greenway Parkway Suite 250
Scottsdale, AZ 85254